[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]There is no ‘cause’ as such for oily skin, it is simply down to genetics. But those will oily skin have excess sebum which can clog pores and make you more susceptible to acne. If you suffer from oily skin, the key is to find the right skincare routine to control the oil on your face. There are products out there specifically for this skin type, including oily skin moisturiser, cleansers and face masks.
How can it be controlled?
There are several steps you can take to control the oil on your skin, including the following:
1. When choosing skin care products, opt for ones which specify ‘oil-free’ – this is important because using products such as cleansers, moisturisers, creams and makeup with oil can worsen the problem.
2. Apply moisturiser 1-2 times a day – This may be surprising as you may think that adding additional moisture to your skin will worsen the problem, but it is actually a very important step in your daily skincare routine to keep your skin hydrated. By getting a specific moisturiser for oily skin, you can ensure you are not adding to the oil on your face.
3. Wash your face regularly – use a gentle face wash to clean your face every morning and again at night, as well as after exercise. Avoid using scrub more than once a week as this can irritate your skin.
4. Avoid unnecessary contact with your face – although it can be tempting to touch and blot your face with your hands throughout the day to get rid of excess oil, this is a bad idea as it can spread bacteria to your face. If you feel the need to get rid of some of the oil, use blotting paper. The only contact you should have with your face throughout the day is when applying your oily skin moisturiser and other products, in which case you should wash your hands prior to application.
5. Use face masks – Face masks can be a great way of treating oily skin, particularly if they contain aloe vera, clay, honey or oatmeal. Our ‘Chocolate Delight’ Enzyme Peel face mask is perfect for this, with aloe vera to sooth spots caused by oily skin.
Looking for an effective solution?
Here at LA Skincare, we are here to advise you on the best products for you, no matter your skin type. Our team have the knowledge and experience in skin products and treatments to be able to offer you professional advice and guidance.
We stock a range of tried and tested skin care products for oily skin, from oily skin moisturiser and cleanser, to face masks. Check out our product range, or get in contact with one of our friendly team on 0114 287 5400 for more information.
Not sure what skin type you have? Why not try our free online prescription tool, where you can answer a few questions to receive tailored advice about the type of skin you have (oily skin, dry skin or acne prone skin).
Lots of love
This is all said with love, the biggest piece of advice I always say is:
If it doesn’t feel right, it probably isn’t. These should not cause any damage to your skin, if used correctly for YOUR skin!
Any questions, just ask…