Simmering Granules V’s Wax Melts
Do you wonder this too?
Simmering Granules V’s Wax Melts is a great topic because wax melts have been popular for many years.
Wax melts originally began when candle makers wanted something to do with their left over wax. They began to pour the left over wax into metal tart trays. They became known as wax tarts. Not like nowadays where they come in all sorts of shapes.
Simmering Granules have become a very popular alternative to wax melts. Simmering Granules, also known as scented crystals, are a versatile little bursts of fragrance for your home. They are a natural based product with added colour and fragrance for use in oil or wax burners.
Pro’s to Simmering Granules
- They are less messy to use – no risk of oil spillage.
- No waiting for them to melt – they are strong after only a minute or so.
- A couple of teaspoons in your oil burners can last approximately 4 hours – great value for money.
- Simmering granules are safe, clean and simple to use.
- Natural salt based crystals and are environmentally friendly
- They are biodegradable.
A little more about Simmering Granules
Let me tell you a little more about the simmering granules. They are in fact granules which have been infused with colour and fragrance.
They are like a fragrance oil without the danger of spillage and burns. Don’t get me wrong of course if you knock your burner over they will spill, but they are not going to embed into your furniture or carpet.
You can even sweep or vacuum them up as they are not heated to scolding point like oil or wax. This can also give your hoover or bin a fresh smell on the inside.
So if you are looking for an easier way to add a beautiful scent to your home or get rid of a nasty smell these little crystal granules will be your saviour.
How to use Simmering Granules
Just add a couple of teaspoons of simmering granules to your burner and pop a tea light underneath. As the granules heat up the scent fills the room with a wonderful aroma for several hours.
The fragrance from the crystals will evaporate into the air leaving the salt residue in place. Sometimes notice the coloured granules will fade which is a good indication that a change in granules is not too far away.
More often than not you can get multiple burns from the granules. Once you stop smelling the scent you know you need to replace or top up your burner.
You can regulate the quantity of fragrance and how mild or strong you would like the scent, for a powerful smell you just add more simmering granules to the well of your burner.
Quick Step guide
- Pour as little or as much as you want into your burner well, Unlike wax melts they wont overflow. We usually recommend 1-2 teaspoons as a way to prolong the use of your supply.
- Light your T-Light and allow a few moments for the burner the heat up and you should notice the scent flood your room.
- After a number of uses the colour will fade and your scent will be unnoticeable, simply dispose of the used granules and add a fresh scoop to repeat the process.
Can you mix and match Simmering Granules?
Yes, we know a few customers who like to combine a few of our scented sizzlers to make a unique aroma.
I would love to hear of your mixology. Please share your blends with us over on our Facebook Page.
Where can you buy?
Here is a quick link to take you straight to our shop to buy your Simmering Granules.